The following Policy page concerns cookies and pertains to the internet page at the address comb.pwr.edu.pl, the administrator of which is Politechnika Wrocławska.
What are Cookies?
Cookies should be understood as information data, in particular small text files, saved on the end devices of users of internet pages. These files allow the user’s device to recognize the page and appropriately show the page adjusted to their individual preferences. Cookies most often carry the name of the internet page from which they come, an expiry date – the amount of time they will be saved on the end device – as well as a unique number, allowing for its identification.
What are Cookies used for?
Cookies are used to adjust the contents of an internet page to the preferences of the user as well as optimizing their usage of the internet pages. They are also used to create anonymous statistics which help us to understand how the page is used, which then allows us to perfect its structure, quality and contents.
Types of Cookies
Two types of Cookies are used – session Cookies and permanent Cookies.
Session Cookies are temporary files which are saved on the user’s device only until such time as the user logs off the internet page or closes the internet browser.
Permanent Cookies are files that remain on the user’s device for a given amount of time on the Cookies section of the internet browser or until they are manually deleted by the user.
What kinds of Cookies do we use?
On this internet page the following types of Cookies may be used:
- Cookies saving session identifiers (session Cookies) – essential in order to properly send the contact form
- Cookies allowing for the collection of statistics through the service Google Analytics including demographic information (age, gender) (Administrated by: Google Inc. headquartered in the United States)
- Cookies allowing for the collection of information about the effectiveness of the advertising program Google Adwords in which we use the function directing ads based on location (Administrated by: Google Inc. headquartered in the United States)
- Cookies allowing for the presentation of multimedia content from YouTube (Administrated by: Google Inc. headquartered in the United States)
- Cookies using the interactive function for promotion of the page on the service plus.google.com (Administrated by: Google Inc. headquartered in the United States)
- Cookies using the interactive function for promotion of the page on the service facebook.com (Administered by: Facebook Inc. headquartered in the United States or Facebook Ireland headquartered in Ireland)
Management of Cookies
As a rule, the computer program allowing for internet browsing automatically allows for the saving of Cookies on the end device. Settings can be changed at any time in such a way so as to completely block the saving of cookies or notifications about their being sent to the user’s device each time.
Specific information regarding the possibility and ways of managing Cookies are available in the settings of the internet browser or at the following addresses:
Limiting the usage of Cookies can affect some of the functions available on the website.